Salary: National Minimum Wage
Location: Buckfastleigh, Devon
Hours of work: 10 hour per week. Maximum of 35 hours over any 5 in 7 days per week to cover holiday and sickness absences as required.
Purpose of role: To support the Shop Manager and provide supervisory cover at the shop and those in the surrounding area when required.
As Retail Assistant, you will support the Shop Manager, help supervise volunteers, provide supervisory cover at the shop and those in the surrounding area when required and positively promote Brainwave and its objectives in the local community. This role is for 10 hours per week.
A driving licence and your own transport is essential for this role as you will be required to travel to cover other Shops.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Shop Manager to drive sales to achieve /exceed all sales targets.
- Assist the Shop Manager to minimise store costs to maximise store profitability.
- Cash handling, to include reconciliation and banking on a daily basis.
- Complete a weekly return for the shop to reflect the gross contribution being achieved.
- Assist in the recruitment, training and motivation of the volunteer team to ensure the store is able to trade 8 hours daily; Monday to Saturday at all times, with scope to trade Sunday if appropriate.
- Customer service which exceeds the customers’ expectations and creates a welcoming shopping environment.
- Assist in the induction and training of new volunteers, ensuring they understand their and Brainwaves’ Health & Safety responsibilities to staff and customers alike and understand their role in compliance with all Brainwave and government policies and procedures, including security procedures for cash handling, merchandise and shop premises
- Merchandise displays of goods that comply with Trading Standards to achieve maximum turnover, ensuring that each item is priced in accordance with the guidelines and are dated so goods can be rotated within the agreed time period.
- Ensure window displays are of a high standard, changed on a minimum of weekly basis and reflect the customer base to maximise sales.
- Encourage high quality donations from the local community.
- Ensure donations and deliveries from the retail centre are organised to maximise sales and minimise any risks to Health and Safety.
- Arrange for stock to be relocated across the business or returned to the Retail Centre as appropriate to maximise sales revenue.
- Positively promote Brainwave and its objectives in the local community.
- To help organise external fundraising events and activities to further the Brainwave profile and store profitability. Actively promote store in local community with leaflet drops etc.
- Cover other local shops when required.
The above list is a general outline of the role requirements, but is not exhaustive. Other duties may be reasonably requested by your line management team.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact the Shop Manager at Brainwave Charity Shop, 37 Fore Street, Buckfastleigh, Devon, TQ11 0AA or Tracy Gannon, Area Manager on 07811 177342.