What is Hemiplegia?
Hemiplegia in children is a type of cerebral palsy that results from injury to the part of the brain that controls muscle movement. The term hemiplegia means that the paralysis is on one vertical half of the body. The paralysis in the body occurs on the side opposite to the affected part of the brain.
Hemiplegia cannot be cured but there is a lot that can be done to minimise its effect and help children achieve their potential.
How Can Brainwave Help?
As the therapists at our Centres see children from all over the country, and overseas, they have the knowledge and experience to help you and your child.
- Our qualified therapists have the time to explain your child’s condition and their presenting problems.
- We have the time to fully assess your child through play and work around your daily routine.
- Your child’s assessment and Therapy Programme shall be tailored to their individual needs and your daily routine as a family.
- We are your advocate and are always here for support and ongoing care.
- We provide in-depth therapy reports that can be sent to your NHS or private medical professionals, as we believe that working together maximises your child’s outcomes and quality of care.