What is Developmental Delay?
Child development refers to the process that children go through in skill development during predictable time periods called developmental milestones. Developmental delay occurs when children do not reach certain milestones by the expected time period. A difficulty in one area of development, such as speech, can influence development in other areas, such as socialisation.
How Can Brainwave Help?
At Brainwave we see children with all types of developmental delay. As the therapists at our Centres see children from all over the country, and overseas, they have the knowledge and experience to help you and your child.
- Our qualified therapists have the time to explain your child’s condition and their presenting problems.
- We have the time to fully assess your child through play and work around your daily routine.
- Your child’s assessment and Therapy Programme shall be tailored to their individual needs and your daily routine as a family.
- We are your advocate and are always here for support and ongoing care.
- We provide in-depth therapy reports that can be sent to your NHS or private medical professionals, as we believe that working together maximises your child’s outcomes and quality of care.