Introducing our free post service for donating pre-loved items to Brainwave
We support families all over the UK and we know that many of our supporters wish to donate their pre-loved goods to our retail shops, which are located near our South West Centre.
To make this as easy as possible, we are excited to introduce a solution that allows you to post your donated items, from your local Collect+ store, completely free of charge to you.
We have teamed up with Clicksit to provide a free post label that can be attached to a box of items full of generous donations that can help raise vital funds.
You can include as many items as you want to in your box. Your box needs to be under the weight allowance of 10kg and measure no bigger than 60cm x 50cm x 50cm in size.
Please wait until you have enough items to donate, as the postage costs to us are the same, whether you send 9.9kg or 1kg in weight.
Ready to donate by post – there are three easy steps.
1. Pack up your goods: your parcel can weigh up to 10 kilograms and measure up to 60cm x 50cm x 50cm.
- Remember to Gift Aid your donation, this scheme allows charities to claim 25 percent extra on the sale of your donations. You can download, print and fill out our Gift Aid Donor Form and include it in your parcel.
2. Request a free post label: you’ll receive a label via email, from Clicksit, to print at home. If you do not have access to a printer, Collect+ stores can print for you.
3. Send off your parcel: take your parcel to your nearest Collect+ drop off point. Please make sure you only use this service when making an essential trip.
What can I donate by post?
We would love to accept your quality, pre-loved goods that are in excellent condition. If you loved it, someone else will, too! Right now, we are especially in need of:
- Premium quality branded or designer clothes, shoes, and accessories
- Jewellery – gold and silver pieces in any condition are particularly desirable, modern, or vintage
- Cameras and lenses – particularly high-quality
- Games consoles and games
- Watches and clocks – in good condition
- Ornaments and antiques – anything high-quality and desirable, modern, or vintage
- Old foreign and domestic coins and notes – any currency from any time and any country, regardless of condition
- Medals and memorabilia – unique, collectible, or antique
- Records and box sets – the more collectible and unique, the better
- Any vintage and antique items
Please wrap any fragile items carefully so they do not get damaged on their way to us.
What can’t I donate by post?
You might have been having a declutter recently, but we would appreciate you holding on to bulkier items until you are able to bring these to our shops. At the present time, please do not send us:
- Clothes and shoes – unless they are from a premium brand
- CDs & DVDs – unless they are a box set
What happens to my donations?
Our Retail Team will sort through the donations, price them and then put them on sale in one of our shops.
If you completed a Gift Aid Donor Form, we will be in touch to confirm how much your items have raised and how much Gift Aid we will be able to claim on top.
The money raised from the sale of your pre-loved items will ensure Brainwave can continue providing essential therapies to children with disabilities – helping them improve their mobility, communication skills and learning potential.