The Cheshire Dash for Brainwave is a cycling challenge to raise money for Brainwave, a charity that exists to help children with disabilities achieve greater independence by aiming to improve their mobility, communication skills and learning potential through a range of specialist therapies. The children they work with have a range of conditions including: autism, cerebral palsy and genetic disorders such as Down syndrome.
“Brainwave has been a remarkable support for our grandson Patrick, who has cerebral palsy. He loves to visit the centre in Warrington and would be on his bike to join the challenge if he could! I’m sure he’ll be there to see you off” Mike Marshall, founder of Transforming Lives.
The challenge will be 100 mile cycle in one day, through the Cheshire countryside, starting and finishing in Goostrey.
- There will be up to 4 groups to suit your preferred pace
- Ride captains will lead each group, with first aid support and a sweeper van
- A road bike is essential
- Breakfast butties, a picnic lunch, snack stops and a BBQ finish are all included
- Everyone will be given their own Cheshire Dash 2021 cycling jersey to wear on the day
- There will be a training schedule, training rides and lots of encouragement in the run up to the event
- Entry is £50
- The Fundraising Target for Brainwave is £200 per rider
- This is a 100% charity event….supported by our charity foundation, Transforming lives and Running Bear Sports
Saturday 28th August 2021.
To ensure that we hit our ambitious target of £20,000, we ask that you endeavour to raise £200, with all money raised going to Brainwave.
The entry fee for this event is non-refundable – £50.00 per person, this includes:
- Total event support, including; first aid support, mechanics, group ride captains
- Food and drink throughout the event
- Branded cycling jersey
Cheshire Dash 2021 for Brainwave – niftyEntries.com