What is Autism Spectrum Disorder?
Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is a developmental disability. It commonly presents in early childhood, however, some individuals may not be diagnosed until later. ASD is a continuum, some individuals may have mild presentation, living independent lives, and others may have more severe disabilities requiring continued support and care.
Characteristics of Autism
Characteristics of autism include;
- Communication difficulties
- Sensory sensitivity or processing difficulties
- Difficulties relating to others
- Difficulties understanding feelings and emotions
- Restricted or repetitive behaviours
- Reliance on routine
- Difficulties with flexibility of thought
- Narrow or intensely focused interests
How Can Brainwave Help?
At Brainwave we see children with all types of autism. As the therapists at our Centres see children from all over the country, and overseas, they have the knowledge and experience to help you and your child.
- Our qualified therapists have the time to explain your child’s condition and their presenting problems.
- We have the time to fully assess your child through play and work around your daily routine.
- Your child’s assessment and Therapy Programme shall be tailored to their individual needs and your daily routine as a family.
- We are your advocate and are always here for support and ongoing care.